Re: LF: Re: 136 propagation a QRO secret ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 136 propagation a QRO secret ?
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 18:58:14 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=lkhnmNnGEUc/tLQ7Ulxlb5M6JtRTdInIqgeR2wtWj9E=; b=pdq4r7xXqnVLLud7+DprUESxoSUDkq/VCHV/AtRqhq7ZWNq2OWArB4gEk0EMztiYL1 zC77k5Zeh9bQXcrW35SZnEmCZwbgFAHu48nRS8PaqUb/04SQKhIFb17j7b6nQ8penXXG i8TDtQsE5jQQUs427wFMtT1lo27I4zCbt2PhHxOGsq/IV7R/Xa3Cz67rcnV+nAHB7wE9 QEhWHqsRsIfIQqkfXbFCa8MHb1WCfCF9+jXVreVYhk4J/g2g7RtGYnmiz7pofFA7AIDA GrXKPdDAfJzf3pRKHJks9ojW2uNHdEUUnYvlwnF+Nr/sbG2zuEINMMsF7Cg+UngaXDrJ 6mcg==
Sender: [email protected]
One conclusion Peter 'PLX reached on our original 73kHz SlowCW (the
proper term we used then, none of this new fangled Q code stuff) was
that although the 73kHz path was very bursty with non Gaussian
interfernec ewhen looked at in audible bandwidths, by the time it was
averaged out over teh 40 second dot period we used, its properties
were indistinguishable from pure AWGN.

I can't recally if 73kHz was worse or better than 137kHz in the nature
of interference, but I think you can safely assume that in bandwidths
of much less than [30seconds]^-1    the background noise is
near-enough pure random Gaussian.  So normal error curves apply.

3s dots may be susceptible though.

Andy
www.g4jnt.com