Re: LF: RE: 137 kHz SWL report from a tube Audion

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: 137 kHz SWL report from a tube Audion
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 17:01:06 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Mike, LF,

Nice to hear from you here, the first time for me i think.
Many thanks for the report, also to Terry/GW0EZY. Which receiver do you use and which CW filter did you choose? How long are you member of the reflector and what have you done on 137 so far, or what do you plan?

I'm also impressed by the signal here in 200km distance. I just took a walk in the forest and made a recording and took some captures. From this location you can see the Netbook, RX and ferrite antenna http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/FerriteantennaintheforestJO41.jpg It's very comfortable to have a complete LF receive system in a bagpack, leight weight and sensitive. It does not need a ground and does not need to be highly lifted above he ground. Trees are no problem. DCF39 is 90 dB S/N in 1 Hz NBW, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/DCF39aus%20dem%20Sauerland.png (when the antenna points to DCF) My own signal is strongest when the loop just cancels out DCF, it is 50 dB S/N in 1 Hz then, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/DK7FCaus%20dem%20Sauerland.png I'm however not sure if the signal peak level is correct due to the keyed signal...

Unfortunately there were no other LF amateur signals on the band...

73, Stefan/DK7FC