RE: LF: 137 kHz Audible IO90MS

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: 137 kHz Audible IO90MS
From: "Mike" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 17:10:06 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Stefan
Thanks for the reply.
I have been registered on the reflector from just prior to
the
Titanic weekend or whenever it was!
Andy G4JNT suggested I registered (he is not far away)
My set up at present is experimental and have even today,
with
the aid of your signal made several dB improvement.
Currently just using the low QRG coverage of an IC735 with
no pre-amp.
Your previous report was in SSB BW. Since switched in the
Narrow CW
filter not sure of the spec. Just been listening (1600ish)
and by ear
I would give you 589 and can hear PA0??? on 137.5 559 but
only caught a
snatch of proper speed CWID (I can't QRSS yet). Also there
is an UNID
sig on 137.7 at s4.
I will give you some more info as I get a bit more
permanent.
My first experience with VLF sigs was way back in the 60's.
I was working at a company called Plessey (why I am down
here in South)
I used an old Racal RA17 that was available and used the
heating system
radiators and pipes as the ant and was hearing submarine
comms system
from the USA on around 8 - 10KHz CW as far as I recall.
Getting old!!

73 de Mike