Re: LF: Italian beacon active on 136 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Italian beacon active on 136 kHz
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 22:18:01 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Daniele, LF,

Yes, it is a very nice story of new activity in Italy. Carlo is a freind of Mauro/IK1WVQ. Mauro was the one who received my beacon signal at night, about 2 or 3 weeks ago. It was his first amateur signal received on 137 kHz. I forwarded his mail to me here to the reflector...
Then, Mauro told his friend about the amateur signal and Carlo became interested. As a quick test he connected a frequency generator to his HF antenna, whithout matching i.e. having a coil. Just 20V was applied. But the signal became weakly visible at Mauros QTH, a few km distant. Then Carlo, who has a good TX antenna situation became LF infected which is good :-)
Then he obviously buit the coil that can be seen on the site of the link below. But Mauro told me he still runs the 20V generator and is now building a LF PA. So i expect we will see another station from Italy soon :-)

BTW Mauro set up a LF grabber running at http://www.qsl.net/ik1wvq/ Right now there is EW6GB, G3KEV, DK7FC and the weak local signal of IZ1TJM on the screen.

Would be interested how the signal of IK1HSS would look there ;-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC