LF: FW: Dropbox (again)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: FW: Dropbox (again)
From: Steinar Aanesland <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 21:57:40 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Roger

I found this post on http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=52309 .
I hope this will help you.

LA5VNA Steinar

--------------

" Had this issue after joining my machine to my domain and migrating my local
account to my domain account. Uninstalled/re-install
dropbox and recieved the same "Can't access registry" error, followed by link
to a guild on clearing the Read-only attribute for
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Protect\CREDHIST. This was unsuccessful.

I ended up finding that the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dropbox key and sub-keys
could not be deleted. To delete them, I used
psexec.exe from PSTools to launch a command prompt under the SYSTEM account:

psexec -s -i \\127.0.0.1 regedit

>From the SYSTEM account regedit, I located the Dropbox key and deleted it (it
>will be under HKEY_Users\one of the long number SID
keys; HCKU is relative to the currently logged in user). If you have any
trouble deleting it, you may have to explicitly grant the
SYSTEM account full-control over it and subkeys; just right-click on it and go
to 'Permissions'.

Alternatively, I suppose that you could also re-create your local user profile
to fix this. Also too, your security software could
be blocking access to that key; disable anything security related and see
whether that key is deletable."