LF: Band 472_479

To: _RSGB_LF <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Band 472_479
From: Lubos OK2BVG <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 17:26:41 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello OMs!
I read all your comments about new HAM band, they were written in the last days. To tell the truth, to use this band  will be a problem for me and all HAMS in our region. There is a Slovak NDB beacon "RP" located right between 472 and 479kHz.

CALL : RP
FREQ: 477kHz
Modulation:    +/- 1060Hz side bands
QTH: Malacky/Kuchyna
QRA: JN88NL

My QTH is only 37km far from the "RP". The beacon´s signal is constantly  at least +50dB up to noise (in fact +60dB in the modulation gaps). The carrier is not problem, but the worst thing is the wide strong noise during the transmission. It is about +25dB - see the picture. I made sure myself, that it was not a problem of my RX. The situation is the same, when an attenuator between antenna and RX is used.

I hope that "RP" will not be a problem for you as well!

73

Lubos, OK2BVG