LF: OPERA - why it's less data than normal CW ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: OPERA - why it's less data than normal CW ?
From: "Horst Stöcker" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 10:30:40 +0100 (CET)
Sender: [email protected]
Hello,
my first thought was: How can an average word tage more time in CW than in
Opera? Then I thougth: The Morse code was optimized for being decoded by ear.
If Opera is working binary to be decoded by computer this will be the reason
for less duration - somethin like this
http://www-e.uni-magdeburg.de/jschulen/morse/cw_key.html.
A simple idea and fortunately Opera makes it suitble for ham use.
I hope I can play wit that funny toy tonight at my beacon DI2AN. The problem
is, that the keying (normally done by QRSS software)  is done by an old 286
laptop and I am quit sure that Opera will need more power because of the RX and
Internet functions.
However I am looking forward to make it work somehow . . .
vy73 Horst DO1KHS/DI2AN