Re: LF: Need a helping hand

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Need a helping hand
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 22:12:55 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
You need a way to wrap audio round from the soundcard used for the SDR
IQ output into that one used for your Argo input.

Many operators use VAC -  "Virtual Audio Cable"  for this ( Google it )

My preference is to install an additional USB soundcard.  A cheap and
cheerful headpohne dongle or even an Ebay 99p special is adequate for
outputting audio from the SDR-IQ.

The only thing to watch out for is that the headphone output from
these is often DC coupled, with the common of the headphone jack
sitting at +2.5V to allow direct headphone drive without high value
capacotors on the amplifier output.

If you have a spare 6V powered active compute speaker, the headphone
dongle can be fitted into this, and the 5V present on the USB bus used
to power the amplifier.  A separate audio connector then feeds audio
round to the soundcard used for the analysis / decoding software.

Andy
www.g4jnt.com