Re: LF: Re: Re: Antennas

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: Antennas
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 10:14:56 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Roger
You are missing the point. The argument is about small hand held antennas
versus large wire arrays fit for purpose to receive weak amateur radio
signals at AUDIO strength to enable one to have an aural QSO or exchange of
information. That is my view. The argument is NOT about who lives in a ONE
UP/ONE DOWN TERRACE OR SEMI.
Of course,  if you are interested in LF/MF and have limited space as you
state then you do the best you can and that is understood but has nothing to
do with the merits of large or small antennas.
Having been a radio amateur since the early 50's and having been brought up
on a small farm with plenty of antenna space I have likewise always owned
properties with sufficient space to accommodate radio towers, rotary beams
etc,  three at present and enough space for other country persuits.
therefore I am in a position to compare little against large. I stated
before that I had a Wellbrook loop antenna and it worked well but was poor
compared to an inv L at over 100 ft high and 500 ft long. I also built a
ferrite rod antenna and again it worked but was poor compared to the inv L
I can only report what I find and those that criticize by their own
admission are not in a position to compare the antenna to which I refer.
73 de mal/g3kev