Re: LF: Antennas

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Antennas
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 23:32:54 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Doug
If you want to HEAR the signals with sufficient strength to work normal CW . Large antennas of the kind I mentioned are normal on 160 metres for working long haul DX.
Micro RX antennas are only useful for VISUAL QRSS signal observations or receiving Broadcast high power stations.
Let me know when you HEAR an Amateur radio  EU signal with a micro antenna at your qth.
I can only HEAR signals on LF/MF from the USA with sufficient strength for a CW audio QSO using a my large wire antenna system.
They are visible on micro antennas at QRSS speeds but not AUDIBLE

de mal/g3kev