RE: LF: Opera questions

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Opera questions
From: Gary G4WGT <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 20:49:19 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Roger,

The number in the mode states the run time in minutes.

ie. Opera8 = 8 minutes run time

73, Gary - G4WGT.

Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 20:10:29 +0000
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Opera questions

Somewhere I must have missed some information:
  1. How long does it take to send a beacon message in Opera8 and Opera31?
  2. Is it possible to have something like the WSPRnet database showing stations on each band monitoring and TXing? It helps to know someone is looking!
  3. Can we have a "read me" that explains what is meant to happen on the screen?
Tried a brief transmission on 136 into my earth electrodes as my loop antenna is down without success (so far) but just had my first decode on RX in Opera8:

20:07  SM6BHZ 136 Op8 -19 dB 951 km @ 046  - not bad for 2 ground rods and no antenna!

73s and thanks for this interesting new mode Graham.

Roger G3XBM

--
http://qss2.blogspot.com/
http://g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/