Re: LF: OPERA Decode PA3ABK de PA0A

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: OPERA Decode PA3ABK de PA0A
From: pa3abk <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 00:52:15 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Graham,

Well I think it's a matter of conditions.
In the past I could decode your ROS MF transmissions, not on a daily basis, but MF is is very depending sometimes on a certain duct condition.

Nicolas has very sensitive location at least he must have a low noise situation..

Surprisingly I received OZ4KPC rather strong, that strong that a live CW QSO would be no problem.

Just now @ 23:22 YV0OFP 500 Op2 came in with an increadeble +17 dB! (Local pirate call??)

It's a bit frustrating about Opera not knowing what it is actually doing and how it works. Just pushing buttons and looking for results is like a magnetron dinner. Could be tasteful but you don't know why.

I'm using an old KWD TS-440 driving a QTX transmitter in split mode about 25W in a dense urban area.
TX on 2MHz which goes into a divider by 4 resulting 500kHz.
Using the CW keyer. So moving the carrier to an empty slot is not possible. Anyway the software decision will be divided by 4. A ringmixer arrangement should replace this soon. Which makes it more flexible for other modes.

Dutch "OFCOM" were asleep and dictated to use morse only.
A CW id at the end of the transmission will certainly please the Dutch authorties.

Think this eve was usefull showing some bugs and some user wishes.
However I can't determine how usefull and better Opera is in relation to other deep noise programs.

Jan/pa3abk

NNNN