Re: LF: T/A: XKO , VO1NA & ???????/Incompetence

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: T/A: XKO , VO1NA & ???????/Incompetence
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:31:30 -0330 (NST)
Sender: [email protected]

Dear LF Group,

I confess -- this was my error.  The FSK is controlled by a RIT pot
on a Canadian Marconi RX, selected for its nice stable OXCO. After calling CQ on DFCW10, a beacon on DFCW60 was tried, but the FSK was not
set back to 0.2Hz.  My apologies for any confusion caused by this
operator incompetence!

On another note, wet nylon makes a poor halyard on a live tower.
Sunday, the 100m  wire was found lying on the treetops.
Normally this is caused by ice and wind, breaking the wire.
This time the nylon halyard, rated at 300 kg breaking strength,
had melted and broke.   The Decca had been feeding the tower
the night before.

73
Joe