Re: LF: MX, RDL and TA QSO

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: MX, RDL and TA QSO
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 14:14:47 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Joe,

Am 27.12.2011 13:26, schrieb [email protected]:
[...]

Many thanks to the patience of DK7FC who managed to complete
a QSO with this station, in spite of my poor skills:  the FSK was
again set too low and the QRSS buffer was too small, resulting
in truncated messages. DFCW10, QRSS10, 30 and 20 were used here.
Stefans QRSS3 yielded a  consistent O copy and was again quite
audible at times.

73
Joe VO1NA

Thank you Joe for the QSO. I wasn't sure if my QRSS-3 signal was visible all the time. But it seems so.
It was a procedure as in a real QSO, thanks for that.
A short report:
First you called me and i didn't see you. Just on the VE2IQ grabber i saw what's going on. I called CQ in QRSS-3 to that time. But later your "...NA K" became well visible here, O copy. So i stopped watching other grabbers and mails to start a valid QSO. I asked "?" You were calling me again then in QRSS-10. I saw the complete call with QSB, see http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/QRSS10_NA1.jpg. The "V" of your call was lost in QSB but i saw your complete call some months ago. So i could have known or assume who was calling (always playing the game as if there is no internet existing and as if LF is the only band available). Then i asked "VO1NA ?..." and gave you a T report. Later you transmitted QRSS-30 (or 20?) and became O copy again! You confirmed with "R" See another capture at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/QRSS10_NA5.jpg (report OO and K). The end of the QSO can be seen here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/QRSS10_NA7.jpg The end would have been fine in QRSS-10 as well.

Do you also have some screenshots Joe?

Thanks for that and i hope we can repeat that in DFCW-10 or so, if my grabber RX is finally a bit more optimised or uses a remote linkand antenna in the forest. A loop, nulling out DCF39 would have resulted in more than 3 dB S/N i am sure.

73, Stefan/DK7FC