Re: LF: Re: Automatic Variometer adjustment at DK7FC

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Automatic Variometer adjustment at DK7FC
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 20:37:08 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=u7eWr4LFgVFgrtLkUrZrdGyGr+E3czmJoA5UrgDABO8=; b=VnHUg/6/HOe7sgZ6mk0WFeHfF6wI4ldvPyENPAdPzkMzGqgWbsa9cwl74p2OF0H3YX 4QTAuNDK+sxRMSGevlsBv7XPjQDR1WbHnhsGI/U6wjDC/K7vJfVRw15SGbIYUmBFgJHW GX3h5Id05rsYiyocdf5y4b58HH+Jtkft2u58o=
Sender: [email protected]
In that case - you could try a non-linear amplifier, with a high gain
until the magnitude of the output voltage is around 4V then reducing.
Makie the opamp feedback R of two elements, then shunt one of these
with a pair of back to back zeners of about 4V rating.  At low Vout,
the two resistors operate in series giving a high gain.   As 4V output
is reached, the diodes start to conduct, removing the contribution
from the R they are shunting, and leaving the remaining series R for
reduced gain.  The speed of the gain change can be modified with
another R in series with the diode arm

Bit hit and miss, perhaps, but it ought to be possible to compensate a
non-linear load  by a non-linear drive network.

Andy
www.g4jnt.com