LF: Over the Pole - towards Eu

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Over the Pole - towards Eu
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 06:26:07 -0800
Sender: [email protected]

Condition on 137 are improving towards Eu from Alaska, well for the moment anyway. Im seeing DCF39 at 1400 UTC, but interestingly it appears to be coming a little South of Gt Circle bearing this morning, thats unless varmint has pulled one of the legs of the loop around...cant tell as Im a few thousand miles away, and its all covered with the White stuff.

Ive been struggling with Sound card calibration as the PC used jumped up and down, making an offset of 20Hz on the cal, which in turn meant what I was looking for was offscale - Anyway its back on cal this morning using DCF39 and JJY on 40kHz and will be supplemented by a GPS divide by source when I get home in late Dec. Quite why it does this at the moment baffles me as Im using an external USB Blaster type source which has behaved itself - so whether its that or the PC Ill need to do some more investigating.

Laurence KL7UK