RE: LF: Conditions

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Conditions
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 09:25:21 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan - Well mutual darkness periods are 1510-1810 and 0130-0640 UTC as of today Stefan - and that will increase till max Dec24 or so, but Ive not as yet received a signal pre dawn Alaska but had the "cooling" of the ionosphere over the longer Eu night path when G3LDO/AGC and DF6NM plus others were received - but the path is very rarely open - the last times was 2003 (!) and we had to have all the Geo-Iono ducks in alignment to make it happen. Youll recall mid latidude K's of 2 tend to give 5 or so up our way, and any hint of Protons means turning off LF and MF and take up embroidiery for a few days or more, not saying that having  "a little" activity may improve things in some cases.

Mode wise, as CW doesnt work no matter how much Id like it to - DFCW is the best for most, and Id go for DCFW30 given the QSB with the average 20 min peak to trough signal levels.

I may get the opportunity to fire up the Tx into a loop but already the snow is getting rather deep for errecting - no chance of a vertical as Im at the end of an active runway and its all Birch forest as you saw.  The loop would be aligned on Eu mostly likely. We will see - the Tx is rated at around 1.1Kw out...on a good day. As far as frequencies goes Ill leave that to you mob in Eu.... :-))

Ill leave the antennae firing over the Pole and at Eu for the moment.

Laurence KL7UK remotely operated by jiggery pokery from Oklahoma.