LF: Superconducting resonators

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Superconducting resonators
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 19:09:40 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Victor,

in the 1990s, I was involved with similar work in the context of a
superconducting MRI receive coil *. To avoid the losses of the capacitors
and the connections, we used a self resonant double-spiral design, using the
LaAlO3 substate as a high-Q dielectric. At 8.25 MHz, Q-factors of up to
500000 were achieved.

Best regards,
Markus (DF6NM)

* M. Vester, F. Steinmeyer, B. Roas, G. Thummes, K. Klundt
"HTS surface coils with liquid nitrogen or pulse tube refrigeration"
Proc. Soc. Magn. Reson., vol. 3, p. 1528, 1997