Re: LF: Fwd: [SDR-IQ] FCC issues Experimental License Grant WF2XXQ to op

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Fwd: [SDR-IQ] FCC issues Experimental License Grant WF2XXQ to operate on 130KC and 500KC bands
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 21:50:51 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

also specifies an ERP of 500W.
Also he requests 130-140 and 495-505kHz with a frequency tolerance of 95%!

QSL !

Well if its stamped 'issued' then who's going to complain. that covers audio / 136 lofer 500 and MW , with 1/2 KW erp .. game -on !

Nice touch on the defining the state of Florida, so say Andy KU4XR is out of the game . where as EU or say South America is 'in' .. nothing to do with N/S divide ? , as opposed to the mid latitude trough , that was elegantly portrayed at the rsgb convention .. showing a dead zone directly from the UK to Newfoundland .. some things are best 'un-known' ... especially when your trying for a 500 UK/VE cw contact on the night of the April IMD event ,,,,

Good luck with the 500 set up , don't think you find too much problem radiating on 500 , as long as you have round 30 ft of vertical wire from the feed point , that's seems to be enough , Top loading also seems to be a good move ..sea water close by also helps .. ok 750 ft over sea water (ever glades ?) or 600 ft in a delta loop helps , but with a little 'data processing' then quite good coms over range is possible ...... I must admit I floated down from 160 to 500 and found the 160 short array worked fine .. big power gain was the earthling ... anything in the garden that conducted, now has its own insulated earth cable .. and the top loading coil wound on 2 coke bottles , coaxially assembled , gave the second ... third was the 'Doppelgänger' PA .. but that's another story ...

73 -G..