Re: LF: Fwd: [SDR-IQ] FCC issues Experimental License Grant WF2XXQ to op

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Fwd: [SDR-IQ] FCC issues Experimental License Grant WF2XXQ to operate on 130KC and 500KC bands
From: Warren Ziegler <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:20:55 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=lEtTtRVGHfyZwymECuarE+5Pq6AjVB0WlCN625sqUcY=; b=AlBASwouuARJgzKG0zqt+W1PMsJFVzLJmzqhtiPcCdbakcTETp3dm38lq0lzip/xDe 0bc6HyJ/TqP7o3gZLiErh6QZBHhrvvrncIcRSxljAGlxPCwKtAOK9zrNyA3xhxBlCzw7 TNzokIHvngUbzF+05s23VDENDnaOr5XUIir/Q=
Sender: [email protected]
Graham, Stefan,

       The license does state that the operator must stay within band
limits despite the 95% frequency tolerance (which is an obvious
error).
As for the phrase 'amateurs in Miami Florida' he is referring to
himself and a friend who is helping him out with the antenna - not ALL
amateurs in Florida!
It is very common for hams here to use the phrase "VLF" to refer to
EVERYTHING below the medium wave broadcast band.
Many times I have been asked about my "VLF" operation and it turns out
the person wanted to know about my 500kHz activity!
In fact if you look at the  WSPR.ORG website 500kHz is listed under "LF/VLF"!

Juan has been actively reporting reception of 500kHz stations in the
US so I am hopeful that he is serious and will get on the air.
There have been any number of others who have applied for and been
issued a license and never got on the air for one reason or another.

--
73 Warren K2ORS
                WD2XGJ