Re: LF: mains wires

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: mains wires
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 01:25:02 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Bob
If you look at a Dentron 2500 amplifier on the cct diagram the 230v mains cable,  WHITE  wire goes to the ON/OFF switch on amplifier then primary of HT transformer which to me is HOT and BLACK wire goes directly to the other side of primary winding, NEUTRAL and GREEN to chassis.
In the UK the switch is always in the LIVE (hot) wire and NEUTRAL direct to the appliance except it happens to be a double switch.

UK appliance BROWN live, BLUE neutral, plus an earth wire  (3 wire appliance)
mal/g3kev