Re: LF: VO1NA Fireworks

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VO1NA Fireworks
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 18:51:49 -0230 (NDT)
Sender: [email protected]

Yes Bruce, it was quite a mess. Its going to take some work to repair it... and until then or an HV relay from the electric co as suggested by F1AFJ is acqured, its a hike up the hill to every time I switch between 1800 and 137 kHz.

The voltage at base is high enough to arc across an inch, but the
Decca keeps on working.  Very impressive.

The tuning inductance is 2.86 mH so the capacitance is 467 pF.
Perhaps the tower can be made 'fatter'  by adding vertical wires
from the top to the base.  Toploading would not endure our
ice storms.

73
Joe