Re: LF: Netbooks for WSPR and Spectrum Lab?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Netbooks for WSPR and Spectrum Lab?
From: Gerhard Hickl <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 20:37:04 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Roger, Costas, LF!

I had a similar problem with an Acer Aspire One but running SpectrumLab.

Everything above 8khz wasn't displayed but finally I was able to fix it
by installing another audio-driver. So for reception it works very well
now.

Another issue is transmitting on VLF:

Despite the fact I'm using a GPS-device (10kHz from the Hercules-module)
to synchronise the sampling-rate, the output signal isn't usable because
of phase jumps, thus making the signal unusable for VLF-TXing.

On a similar low cost notebook named "Wortmann", everything works fine,
RX as well as TX.

So better keep off of the Acer Aspire One.

73
OE3GHB
Gerhard