LF: Turbine magnets

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Turbine magnets
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 16:09:42 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Great for LF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Experience

Driving to Gleneagles in Scotland last weekend my car magnetic compass was reading backwards and erratic and I wondered why.
The hills es mountain tops are covered with WIND TURBINES,  hugh beasts and only turning slowly, cannot be producing much electric.
however thinking about it I have concluded that the strong MAGNETS in the turbines must effect a magnetic compass,  possible aeroplanes as well except they are flying very high, might also have an influence on GPS frequencies and navigation in these areas
I must say these hugh Monsters strewn all across the Scottish mountain tops and countryside spoils the scenery.
 de Mal/G3KEV