Re: LF: 137 PROBE

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 137 PROBE
From: Minto Witteveen <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:53:26 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:mime-version :content-type:x-priority:x-msmail-priority:importance:x-mailer :x-mimeole; bh=NraTJbxj8PQIDm3/1k5lZupSjcbiQLXCCqLD0yX0Fck=; b=Rba8uS/+CL/SoNFE3vSkVgWYiITN0Pz3Gbng7VahV4yo/VIzR95HckWB88ZypeOHb9 AIJdD6tRLVOB7KnbZrJwgqG1iqYjc0Rch5S2EPzweVXNL4ypspxnzTxg0QzeRfEIqAFY PMW8X7+cF4U+qRiR33eSVAScLI4t0fN4J6fGk=
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Mal,

Simple CW signal on 137 you say… <big grin>
Here it is not so simple. When I use the ‘random length of wire over a tree’ – i.e. my HF end-fed 30 meter long antenna -the S/N is at least 20 dB worse than with my current miniwhip setup.
That’s what causes the problems and technical difficulties here. So for all its (real and alleged) shortcomings, the miniwhip does serve its purpose.

Minto pa3bca
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse