Re: LF: 137 PROBE

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 137 PROBE
From: wolf_dl4yhf <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 23:15:24 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Roelof and group,

However, you should try your copper pipe first.
I use a garden hose clamped to the pipe and a little water pressure to sink it in a minute!

hehe.. reminds me of the days when I started on shortwave. After pushing a 2 metre / meter long copper tube 1.9 m into the ground (while water from a pump flowing through it), I disconnected the hose, and went to the garage to turn off the pump. When returning to the garden, the damned tube was gone - had further continued its journey into the deep ! I had to dig it out, and found it in a depth of ~ 30 cm below the ground. So beware... there may be copper-eating aliens underground, especially when the ground is sandy :-)

73,
   Wolf .