LF: fERRITE JOY STICK

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: fERRITE JOY STICK
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 16:19:47 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
LF
I happen to have  a bunch of 9 ferrite rods 100mm long and wound with 1mm enamel copper wire gives me 893 uH, a parallel C of 5 nF
gives me 126 Khz so now it requires a C of the right value to get to 137 Khz.
I have coupled this ferrite joy stick via a 3 turn loop in the middle of the main winding to a  Siemens D2155/W3155 for testing and it works but the signals are vy weak. It definitely needs a good pre amp to be useful.
This is just a fun experiment for me because I do not need any more antennas at this qth
de mal/g3kev