LF: VE7TIL 2200m Grabber back online...

To: [email protected], "Discussion of the Lowfer (US, European, &amp; UK) and MedFer bands" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: VE7TIL 2200m Grabber back online...
From: Scott Tilley <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 19:47:04 -0700
Sender: [email protected]

Hi All

Repairs to the grabber have been made and the system is back in full operation.

Sorry for the outage as what started as a limited experiment on VLF turned into a rapid departure from reality! All this drama caused by a single MAV-11 going belly up...

Stay tuned for a VLF grabber in the coming days as I'm pleased to report that I'm having outstanding results with my new VLF RX system. Just a matter of settling it into a long term home in the shack as its presently a kitchen table project...

VLF TX project is proceeding and I hope to do some tests shortly...

For those interested here's a link to a recent 'tweek rain storm' I recorded a couple of nights ago:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15916951/VLF/VLF_distant%20constant%20tweaks_6.wav

Here's some screen grabs in ever longer temporal detail...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15916951/VLF/tweaks_10509221705.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15916951/VLF/tweaks_10509222226.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15916951/VLF/tweaks_10509223859.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15916951/VLF/tweaks_10509224138.jpg

Enjoy !

73 Scott
VE7TIL CN89dk
http://www3.telus.net/sthed/argo/

PS - Thanks Wolf for the mods to SL!  They work great!