Re: LF: Spectrum Lab Filtering...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Spectrum Lab Filtering...
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 22:26:55 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Scott,

I think there is not such a function so far. There is just a range where you can limit the auto notch apply, like 0...500 Hz.

Today i improved the readability of a CW signal. The side tone was at 800 Hz. The filter has a BW of 200 Hz and 50 Hz slope. This is the best setting for a solid signal. Then i choosed the auto notch function but limited the operation range from 0...780 Hz and moved the filter so that the CW signal is still passing. These steps make the readability better than choosing a 100 Hz wide CW filter without the notch function. So the best (for optimising CW) would be to have two (or in your case: several) limiting ranges, i my case: 0...780 Hz plus 820 Hz...2000 Hz. I asked Wolf if this is possible to implement but the easter WX was to good here, HI. And there are several other querys on his table too, i am sure :-)

Wolf? :-)

Best 73, Stefan/DK7FC