Re: LF: Decca faulty transformer?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Decca faulty transformer?
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 19:46:57 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=6pt79tjpNW6WKtIZ3IOcPTDr67dW/tF8xK8htaBYUNA=; b=IuP0PQ6gyeH1JXSekDDeZ8z7Oi+nqvRXux62CFnRpEm5/XZiTX1qq2VqY5hNjqJUQP 0S+5dOeUC/bCoNcBuG8j7wTV9NmOBFmTa/9YgzLqtNYfdfhk58PAFjhMQMnb2SvOur7A M5Lfzfdg0pcIEomrH9ruMI59QSFwOlv9+06GQ=
Sender: [email protected]
Yes, definitely.

If the transformer were absolutely perfect all flux would be linked,
and your shorted turn intercepts everything.  So you are transforming
a few milliohms though the turns ratio which is probaly not far of 1:1
at a guess, to.... a few mohms.    Which on your LCR bridge woiuld
come out as near-enough nothing.

The very small leakage inductance present is what you are measuring at
1uH.   Which is pretty good, but no more than you should expect from a
closed ferrite core

Anbdy
www.g4jnt.com