Re: LF: Decca faulty transformer?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Decca faulty transformer?
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 19:34:00 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks for the suggestion Andy. I did that already using an Atlas LCR
meter
(one of the best bits of test gear I ever bought), but didn't believe
the result.

It showed what looked to me like very low inductance, some 1.3uH on
the
 'primaries' and 3.2uH on the secondary. The 'monitor' winding is
much higher
 than this. Would a single shorted turn make all of the inductances
low?
The Atlas declined to measure the DC resistances as they were too
low.

Mike
====