Re: LF: Re: CW beacon "BRK" on 137.00khz ???????

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: CW beacon "BRK" on 137.00khz ???????
From: Gerhard Hickl <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 20:03:42 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
James, Markus!

Many thanks for your replies! Yep, "BRK" at 408kHz seems to be the
source of the signal. Thank you Jim for that hint.

BRK is about 50km from my QTH and quite strong here.

In front of my new RX, I'm using a LF filter which has a 3db bandwidth
of about 3kHz centred on 137.00kHz. Because I do not see the signal with
my "big" resonant TX-Antenna but only on the rather broad MiniWhip, I
think the mixing occurs there. A narrower filter would not improve the
situation.

Anyway I'm aware of the problem now and this helps a lot in improving
the design.

73 es tnx

Gerhard