Re: LF: RE: 137kHz QRSS30 beaconing still - reports appreciated

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: RE: 137kHz QRSS30 beaconing still - reports appreciated
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:55:23 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Roger, you will probably be able to pull that crystal some 150 Hz up, which would get you inside the TA grabber slots.

BTW what azimuth is the orientation of your loop?

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)

Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2011 6:31 PM

Dave

That is an excellent screen shot - most impressive! I generate the frequency by dividing a 3.560MHz crystal by 26 and I am unable to measure the frequency very accurately. It should be 137.6748kHz, but this could be off a bit.

Marcus

Next week I shall have a 3.582MHz crystal (30p from GQRP club) which, when divided by 26, will place me around 137.769kHz which is closer to the window looked in by the grabbers.

The beacon produces 2.4W (measured into 50 ohms) and the ERP from the fairly thin wire loop is estimated as around 50uW. My WSPR beacon produces around 3dB more.

73s
Roger G3XBM