Re: LF: PLAYED OUT

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: PLAYED OUT
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:10:44 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=3k1rC7p8KvYLHSQQb4V2t3TYYLJaxrrZt0iYKlU9vQA=; b=eOcWQg+/9ULPreANNCeEk9bHh7DDN/eU99xME/ncZL49dXE8bbxT/reU1vcEBf0hMk tij8m/bw3zMpreRN2AksQ/nvXl523nAHqku89Ey2h8eAy5TUHoZtzJV6gHTl0TqBAw/X H/n47QS0+Kv2TTC2SFYbypzMT59+5deM1QSi8=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal.

G3XIZ continues to improve his station and has been copied at decent range on DFCW this weekend. Others, like me, are finding out more and more about through-the-ground VLF communications and are regularly copying UK and European stations on 8.97kHz by radiated DX. You've only to look on the news page of the Sub 9kHz Amateur Radio website to see just how much is going on on VLF. See https://sites.google.com/site/sub9khz/news

Certainly 10m has been very good lately, with WSPR reports from around the planet with my 5W (or less) and a small wire halo antenna. 6m and 4m Es DX is also about to start and I'm hoping for some QRP DX on 4m with my homebrew transverter. See http://sites.google.com/site/g3xbmqrp/Home/4m_transverter.

In my view it is not either/or but all and more.

Good luck on whichever end of the spectrum you experiment Mal.

73s
Roger G3XBM