Re: LF: O/T 4m Trnsvr PLAYED OUT

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: O/T 4m Trnsvr PLAYED OUT
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:19:55 +0100 (BST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1303820396; bh=iX97o7XEEBE7vD0M7PKSNuONW96Mf9XK++yBpyESstY=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=lIgfU2mdfwVE3Yo+kJ5lkzePVmdL6MrOOXBLQ1jiCO+5+sQLMfOEa+3dPy+fTZA84CTkTN3h34T4GtDt+y2DCadBdNm7qYBj8n/lhla8GPWLV53q00ADgKnaSan+dAmi6x1F2BY2UFJpEVX6Cc6gH6o4lQz28u5LNOuiRUOsHYY=
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Marco, Roger and LF

I am replying to both in this mail because I guess have started something off topic on the wrong Forum.

Marco many thanks for the suggestion. I may have to go down that route if I still have problems make something work. So thanks for your endosement of Spectrum who I know make a good transverter. Ok about DL permits on 4m I didn't know about that. It's a good band often opening during the summer. On FM I have worked stations from the old YU area S5XX (?) fully quieting signals just like locals. Get that permit again Marco and see you on 4m.

Roger yes it was funny seeing your mail covering 4m at a time when I have been struggling with that very issue.

And ok about LF, there is nodoubt that more activity would be welcome as Mal says and we should try and do more. I know you do a lot to publicise it. I think the trouble is we are few and spread thin across wide ranging bands that need a lot of effort to achieve good results. The result is that some bands like 500 get neglected while the focus is on, say 8kc/s.

I pledge to do more!!

73 Pete M0fmt IO91UX

Hello Pete,

I was lazy and bought a ready to go 4m transverter from a company in UK http://www.spectrumcomms.co.uk/amateur.htm#TRANSCEIVE_CONVERTERS

I found the transverter good and cheap. I did many MS+ES QSO with a special permit as DI2AX in 2009.

vy73

Marco

DD7PC