Re: LF: Re: WRC-2012 proposal for 'near' 500kHz band(s)

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: WRC-2012 proposal for 'near' 500kHz band(s)
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 09:29:16 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Bob
The picture quality is good here on digital but I was talking about NEWS
items where the digital FEEDS  are vy poor, blurred images and jerky voice
quality because of the narrow bandwidth used. and all digital print has the
slant part stepped but that is the same on your computer.
I use satellite for my tv but the local service is also excellent quality
bearing in mind what I have said above.
Digital is more economical regarding bandwidth but suffers in marginal
reception areas from freezing whereas analogue just fades away but can still
be viewed.
Digital broadcast would be similar and cannot see how it would work in
moving vehicles, whereas FM is acceptable even with some fade.
73 de mal/g3kev