Re: LF: Re: 8970.025Khz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 8970.025Khz
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 14:39:47 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Roger
Not a precise freq. My accuracy is plus/minus a couple of hz and around 8970.
But like Andy has said even direct use of sound cards and lack of proper software is no guarantee to see a signal at rediculous narrow bandwidths. Even locked to a freq standard accuracy is hard to maintain in the uhz domain, its a hit and miss game both at the RX and TX end, plus the very long time period and then no real ID in the end. Confirmation confirmed by frequency alone is not valid.
When I copied OE5ODL I asked him to cut carrier for ID, this he did and I was able to confirm the transmission was from him, I also copied him here in QRS 30, 10, 3 mode which is more realistic instead of waiting hours and weeks.
I hope u see my point.
de mal/g3kev