Re: LF: Re: OE5ODL over different paths

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: OE5ODL over different paths
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 19:36:35 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Markus
My report is more important by reporting that I can copy these signals in a wide FFT bandwidth, more suitable information for QSO purposes at reasonable speeds.
You seem to be concentrating on statistical recording data on narrow FFT bandwidths which distorts the true facts.
ie One thinks that narrow FFT bandwidths are a necessity to observe signals on VLF, which is not the case.
Most information circulating and grabbers seem to favour this narrow FFT bandwith procedure.
My main object is to communicate at an appropriate speed for conditions at the time and not be intimated by statistical nonsense.
I surely have proved the point over this past weekend by receiving both DK7FC and OE5ODL in QRS3 mode and faster.
Until now the trend has been QRS600 or slower as the only way, and mmmmmmmH FFT bandwidths.
I prefer to experiment and operate at the fastest QRS speed possible and CW on LF/VLF to communicate
g3kev