Re: LF: Earth-mode or not earth-mode

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Earth-mode or not earth-mode
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 08:01:39 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:subject:references:from:content-type:x-mailer :in-reply-to:message-id:date:to:content-transfer-encoding :mime-version; bh=YVX8Z6TSXiWIYOtmIrv1DcCml5CdGbr4V5VewqYQrt8=; b=g0UByDV+DyQs6cNPD9gBiqoYzpMOqxYNPsxrfv9bcjdj6xgWG7L/nDGt/rfx7BmtNB PZ+uewR7XOo2IhhgdFBNc/WGYqb/icixq81Vd1YNHNbrVPY6LLnsy8JyFMYc5lv28B1O InbrHqOVNyguu8DR1s8I2jrWR4zUDqWBO4uFQ=
Sender: [email protected]
Gas pipes are non-metallic I think?

Not sure I like the idea of connecting many watts of VLF power into high
voltage pylons or gas pipes. In the UK we would be locked up as suspected
terrorists!

Having a few watts VLF piggyback a water pipe connected to my central heating
radiators sounds as if it should be more legitimate. After all,  we use such
connections often as the ground systems for verticals.

This raises the question about the legality of putting VLF signals along
utilities - is this actually permitted? After all, there are intercoms and data
systems that intentionally use the mains electricity wiring. Anyone know what
IS permitted?

73s
Roger

Via my 2.4GHz handheld (iPod Touch 4g)