Re: LF: 136177.5 on air

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 136177.5 on air
From: "rn3agc" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:41:01 +0300
Sender: [email protected]

Gary, thanks for capture!
Markus, I'm sorry...

73
Andrey

Hi Marcus, LF,

Sorry to hear about your loading coil, I think all of us 136kHz op's know
the smell.

I have attached a screen shot from my overnight captures showing NM & AGC.

73,

Gary - G4WGT.

On 30 January 2011 11:30, Markus Vester <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks to Laurence, Gary, Dex, Piotr and jay for looking out and for the
grabbers. As far as I could see, RN3AGC was active on 136176.5 throughout
the night until daylight.

My own beacon was on from 21:11 to 3:48, but failed thereafter due to
breakdown of the loading coil. Apparently at about 19 kV rms, an arc had
finally formed between the two concentric litz coil sections, which burnt
through the plastic and eventually led to a short circuit. Opening the
plastic bag produced the attached picture - some of you may know
the smell...

Best regards,
Markus