Re: LF: Re: LF coil tuning

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: LF coil tuning
From: g4gvw <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 00:22:21 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Peter,

Many years ago when I did 160m mobile I had a setup in which the mobile
antenna had a loading coil that used a copper disc approx. 150% of the
coil dia. placed with a centre boss that could be adjusted and locked
along the whip with a screw at a point close to the coil. I used to
puzzle about the difference between capacitive or "shorted-turn" effects
but in the end just accepted that it "worked" for whatever reasons. From
memory I think the coil was about 5 inches dia.
73