Re: LF: Re: LF coil tuning

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: LF coil tuning
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 19:15:51 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

Peter,

It used to be common MW broadcast practice to use "eddy current disks", which were aluminum rings. In some cases, the ring was put inside the coil, with the ability to rotate it in and out of the plane of the turns. A simpler setup was to have it at one end, mounted on a threaded rod, allowing it to be moved along the axis of the coil. I'm sure there were consequences for "Q", but I don't recall any heating issues.

John, W1TAG