LF: Re: Litz Wire and Class E

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Litz Wire and Class E
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:07:39 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1296051465; bh=EDPAtTWRS2kaOG2UBYk7uR2MzVD1pYoMQbI8G6Sl6SM=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=Y5hNT53djvOjJSBo3cXQgysNnQpbFmE3a2N6jGR0+H9HNXuRMUhIMLzn+xui6Qpgd3fh2keCqH70fb0yJnQAeoIFGQfJFyhxoFeN4LBSpZN8j6OuZ3qcJnwryaTQUOt9u5M7/7vFlyF9EvsXm/ApM7Aa/4vEw3UgabBMSxXO+qI=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=q6CliD+yT+f3Nar4uJRjNDrxwxIoQYP3418kaIoFz0BRcndi+QY64fsjto6jPqHgJV20fmgznLmv0tTNBXcSLWXrOHdnRVRrToLEmuQ5xOWxpfSnYRuM6MWLd7J0GpBj+ZfMalxo1Jv2v4YN/R74fqBiPp3GeR5Th+7dnJX8IYY= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Andy very interetsing details on your build. I have always been a but
uncertain about the headroom on Vdd and have never tried less than 4*supply,
but probably 5*supply would be safer and fairly easy to achieve. I wonder if
the higher swing was a function of your circuit Q?? I am pleased the Class E
acquitted itself well, it certainly seemed a good option for narrow-band
operation.

Have you looked at Johan's antiphase pair with a single L2 and C2 ? That
looked very interesting but I have not had the enthusiasm to go further. I
think Johan built a test unit and it worked well.

Alan