Re: LF: Re: Earth Antennnas - General question

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Earth Antennnas - General question
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:00:40 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Tony
Nice to see you join in on the discussion.
This is an interesting experiment and my first thought would be that it is
behaving like a Beverage antenna. Direction might indicate something for
instance rotate it 90 degs and check the signal strength
One experiment I thought might be interesting is to resonate a low long wire
height say 20 ft and 200 ft long earthed by a spike at the far end and feed
the near end with a signal. The signal source sent via coax, the centre pin
to the wire and the earth shield to a ground pin.
then
put an atu between the coax shield and the near ground pin and resonate it
if possible ie a tuned ground as well as a tuned/resonated wire.

This antenna would really be a Grounded quad loop, the 200 ft wire plus 20
ft height x 2== 240 ft total and the earth/ground would be the other half ie
total length 2 x 240 == 480 ft. The theory is that the ground would provide
a mirror image of the wire above it. So for vertical quad loops, delta loops
you only  need build one half above ground and the ground provides the other
hal
There was an article years ago in QST magazine by Belrose that explained the
theory for an 80m grounded delta loop.

Natural resonance should be 2 Mcs

Resonate the wire at a frequency of choice

This is all interesting but I prefer to use a more convential antenna system
that I know will work

73 es gl de mal/g3kev