LF: Re: Earth Electrodes

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Earth Electrodes
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 14:38:11 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Chris
With a properly engineered LF/MF station and a proper antenna for the job a QSO takes but a short time. I can work all stations active,  on normal CW but have to revert at times to QRS  3 to suit the other end. I was receiving 4X4(Israel)  yesterday on 518 Kcs at 1800 utc but no amateur stations in that area to work.
 I had a report in January this year from 4S7 (Sri Lanki) when in QSO with a Russian stn xband. I was on 502.6 and the other end 7033 Kcs
I am active daily but the activity on 137 has dropped off from years ago when there was over 30 countries active on CW, even 500 has declined since it started a couple of years ago.
I am always in QSO mode only simplex or QSX HF for stations not authorised to work on 500
73 de mal/g3kev