Re: LF: VLF snapper

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VLF snapper
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 11:56:24 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Laurence,

Thank you for the grabber. It is interesting to have the possibility to check the diurnal changes of the lower Alpha trace which gives some hints about the best transmission times to your location.

It seems to me the grabber is still running a little fast. What is the FFT setting (width of one FFT bin)? I suppose that about 1 mHz and about 4 minutes per pixel would be the best choice. BTW, do you use a SpecLab internal band limiting, noise blanking and clipping? This is essential and can improve the signal by 6 dB in most cases!

A nice webpage that has found its place in my favorite list :-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC