Re: LF: QRSS120 and grabbers

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: QRSS120 and grabbers
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 17:26:03 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan
You are late on the scene regarding 137 Kcs.
In the past active stations used proper CQ and FULL CALLSIGN and some still
do at QRS 3. After initial contact with full callsign then each station just
uses the suffix only. This has been the established procedure.
I do notice more recently that some stations are only using ONE LETTER as
you say and this is incorrect but of course if using the full callsign at
QRS 120 or 240 it takes a LONG LONG time also the call gets garbled with QSB
and QRM, again a case for higher speeds as already discussed.
All the experienced operators who knew how to communicate on LF have left
for other bands and in some case just BEACON and seldom go into QSO mode.
I do not bother at present although I have a fully equipped 137 Kcs
transmitter/amplifier home built capable of working TA, the one used in the
past  also 2 x Decca 5501 transmitters modified for 137 plus suitable
antennas.
de mal/g3kev