Re: AW: LF: MF_Beacon DI2AF is running

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: AW: LF: MF_Beacon DI2AF is running
From: pa3abk <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 10:56:17 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

I'm bit puzzled with this band.
Every administration seems to have their own rules regarding the frequency we can use.
Maybe they think that radiowaves just stop at their  borders :-)
Even Marconi prooved that communication on this band can be longrange.
Nevertheless a solution might be, to talk with the other users and ask the "Behörde" to apply the rules which are generally applied in the EU or better worldwide. Temporarely a slottime arrangement with other users could be a solution. Spain joined use lately I was happy to see that they synced their band with ours.

On the other hand I consider it a challenge to decode your signal under these circumstances. It's good visible in Speclab in fragments, but it appears that the dynamic range of soundcard and/or receiver is not sufficient to get it right.

Maybe it's the combination of morse and WSPR is upsetting the software.
The program takes sometimes a very longtime to decode, normally within a few seconds, but on "your" QRG sometime 20 secs.
Jan/pa3abk