VLF: strange propagation effects on VLF

To: [email protected]
Subject: VLF: strange propagation effects on VLF
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 20:51:50 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
VLF,

There are strange propagation effects going on on VLF in the last days. I just observed that there was a significant sudden rise/enhancement of all the signal levels arround 12:15 UTC. This effect is observed on 3 spectrograms, DF6NM's 4X1RF's(some minutes later) and DK7FC's grabber so it cannot be an accident. See the pictures.
How can this be possible? It seems the autumn and winther period provides some interesting effects there which are not completely understood, at least by me ;-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC