LF: WSPR GM4SLV & PA3EGO

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: WSPR GM4SLV & PA3EGO
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:54:41 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello John,

I have tried WSPR this evening and am very happy to report reception of your 5 mW signal in the Netherlands. My first attemps very with my RX LF Ensemble were futile, as there are some issues with the LF version support. So I fired up my trustry AR7030plus which did not work either, until I refreshed the synchronization of the PC clock.

PA3EGO was also received, which uses a massive 5W!

1824 -24 -0.5   0.503880  0 GM4SLV IP90 7
1826   2  1.1   0.503904  0 PA3EGO JO22 37

I am watching the signals on the waterfall display of my PERSEUS SDR.
It is funny to note that a signal can be quite strong and is audible in a narrow bandwidyat the start of the transmission interval, will not be decoded at all due to a fade out in the latter part.

Best regards,
Roelof